Software Engineering and Project Management Methods
Through methods tested over time, ICG uses a process-based approach to reduce unnecessary costs and reallocate resources to guide innovation and introduce changes which will modernize and improve critical operations.
When we work with our customers, we do not consider ourselves just suppliers, but rather as an extension of the customer’s team. We offer an integrated service that provides rapid, effective and optimized results for business needs.
We analyze general requirements to ensure that flexibly is balanced with needs, deadlines and resources available. Our team is highly qualified in different approaches and can help your organization find the best process to achieve your goals through very specific and tailor-made development strategies, combined with your organization and its unique situation.
This traditional approach follows a specific and methodical plan. We create a complete project of available resources, the set of goals to be reached and the steps whi are required to achieve them. For our customers, who know exactly what metrics and which goals they want to reach, this is the preferential option.
This methodology is the best solution for our customers who have a great corporate goal in mind, but they do not know exactly what the ultimate goal is. Agile methodologies provide us with a framework for collaboration and flexibility, so that the final goal is modeled and is defined more clearly as the project progresses. For organizations trying to achieve a goal but still uncertain about the final result, this could be the best approach.
Dynamic System Development Methodology
DSDM is an agile software development methodology. It is an incremental iterative approach that is largely based on the RAD methodology (Rapid Application Development). This method provides a four-step structure composed of:
• Feasibility and business study
• Functional model / iteration prototype
• Design and build iteration
Within each phase, DSDM is based on different activities and techniques based on these principles:
• Projects evolve better through direct and shared collaboration between developers and users.
• Self-managed and empowered teams must have the authority to make critical decisions in relation to time and process.
• Design and development are incremental and evolutionary in nature and are largely driven by regular and iterative user feedback.
• Software results are defined as systems that respond to current and critical business needs compared to systems that respond to less critical future needs.
• Frequent and incremental delivery of software outputs is valued for non-frequent fully functional software distribution.
• All changes introduced during development must be reversible.
• Continuous integration and quality assurance tests are conducted online, throughout the project life cycle.
• Visibility and transparency are encouraged through regular communication and collaboration between all the subjects interested in the project.
ICG offers consulting services, coaching, implementation and Devops management. This ICG practice covers the entire software delivery lifecycle and takes advantage our talented team. We are ready to support, increase, accelerate or complete transformation plans and streamline your devops.
ICG Devops consultants will help you draw up a deliveries transformation plan to dramatically reduce your organization timescale in launching new digital initiatives. We do it through a holistic analysis of the current delivery capacities, skills and practices, providing a road map to quickly accelerate the cycle, based on major areas of opportunity of positive impact on business and implementation speed.